Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

6.07.2011

The Joy of Frozen Yogurt


I rarely eat ice cream or frozen yogurt.  Are you surprised at that?  It's not because I don't like it or because I'm trying to be so good at not eating "junk food".   It just one of those things that is special if you just don't have it too often.  Do you know what I mean?  If I have it once in awhile I look forward to eating it more and savor every slurp.   
 
I don't need any elaborate creations with nuts, chocolate sauce, cherries or candy sprinkles or anything like that.  I don't even care if it is some exotic or new flavor.   It doesn't even have to be in a cone; a cup or a dish with do just fine.  I like some plain old vanilla or chocolate; or both swirled together.   mmmmmm.  Doesn't that make you hungry and your mouth water just thinking about it? 
 
I think a natural ice cream or frozen yogurt is better for you, but I'm not going to pass up the other kind either!   Now and then is just fine with me.  So as the temperatures climbed, I started thinking more and more about eating some ice cream.  I drive past an ice cream parlor on my way to work.  It's kind of hard to miss it with it's red and white stripes and huge revolving vanilla cone on the roof!
 
So yesterday as the day got hotter, I asked my good friend who is always up for a trip to the ice cream parlor, if she wanted to go with me and get some ice cream.   I didn't have to ask twice.  In fact, I barely got my question out before she she said yes.  We had an errand to do and stopped at the parlor I just have to look at every other day.  
 
We both ordered the same thing; a generous cup of chocolate frozen yogurt.   We sat for a long time at the tiny table, talking.  I took tiny spoonfuls so it would last longer.  You know so little that you barely get any on the spoon, and get just a tiny bit of deliciousness.  Yum!    It lasted for a long time and it was sooo good.  

I had forgotten just how much I liked chocolate frozen yogurt.   It was so smooth, cold and tasty going down.  Ahhhh, frozen satisfaction!   Now that's one of the tiny things in life that just make it worth living.   If you like frozen yogurt... and I certainly do!