Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

6.18.2011

Fathers Day






Dearest Dad.  Happy Father's Day.  You were there at the beginning of my life and I was there with you at the end of yours.  I would never trade that moment for anything, to be with you at the end.   We shared a very special bond.   I was always Daddy's little girl.  

You gave me the gifts of music and gardening.  I have your temper, oh yes, you bet I do!  My husband even pointed it out a couple of weeks ago.  But I also got your smarts.  You taught me so much.  

I so am happy I got to spend so much time with you in those last months of your life.  Our bond only grew stronger and stronger.  Your smile would light up the room whenever you saw me.   Talk about making someone feel so very special!  I always knew I was number one in your heart.   But I promise, I won't tell Mom!

Whenever I hear thunder, I image that you are up in heaven bowling another "300" game, with all of the angels.  

Your Loving daughter



Happy Father's Day to all of the Dads out there and everyone who acts as a father figure to others.