Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

2.02.2011

Blizzard Weather - The Snowsapaloosa









Welcome to the Midwest, land of the blizzards.  Some people are calling the latest blizzard a Blizzaster, the Snowzilla, a Blizzard Bonanza and my personal choice, a Snowsapaloosa.  It had a little bit of everything: lots and lots of snow, ice, rain, thunder, wicked winds and lots of stranded motorists; so I thought that last one was appropriate.  These pictures really don't do the storm justice.  I should have taken a picture while driving in it.  That would show how scary it was driving home.  Oh well.  Did you also happen to notice that I like to come up with odd nicknames for things, like Snowspaloosa?  That habit entertains my friends and drives my husband crazy! 

I wrote a bit ago that I no longer hated winter.  Well, I still don't hate winter yet, but I could easily go over the edge.  If there's ANOTHER blizzard this year though, I definitely will!