Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

2.20.2011

Rainy, Rainy Day

It didn't just rain today, it rained cats, dogs, buckets and a freight train.  It rained and rained and then rained some more, harder.  I can't quite figure out where all that rain went.  The ground is so soggy from the melting snow mountains and rain, my house should be surrounded by a moat.

A week ago we had 5 and 6 foot piles of snow that I could barely see around in order to get out of the driveway.  Now there aren't any.  I would need to search to find a scrap of snow.  I sure hope the plants are happy, otherwise they could probably just float away.  I couldn't even go walking today for fear of being washed into a storm drain.  The rain pelted down, blew around and slammed into things.  On the upside; its not SNOW!  

The ladies out there will understand this; I got my hair cut today... and styled.  Yeah in a down pour.  I had an appointment, so I didn't want to cancel.  Try to keep your hair from getting messed up in a torrent of rain.  I wore my ski jacket with my hood up and used an umbrella that I could barely hold onto.  I had to go to the local K-Mart to to pick up a couple of things after my hair cut.  I always need something I forgot to get on my last walk.  At least the store was pretty empty.  When I was almost done in the store, I went to the ladies' room and looked in the mirror as I washed my hands.  I was shocked and had to laugh.  I had this piece of hair wrapped around the top of my head in the weirdest shape.  I walked around looking like that the whole time.  Good thing the weather kept most of the people from shopping today.  It did look pretty funny though.  So much for the styling. 

Do you remember awhile back I said that I was no longer hating winter?  Well guess what?  I still don't.  Unless it snows again this year...  I think I have a right to be done with snow now, don't you think?  If it never, ever snowed again, I wouldn't say I was sorry.  So that said, I am now looking forward to the Spring monsoon season!