Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

5.25.2011

Until We Meet Again Oprah


Today was Oprah's last show.   She said it was not good-bye, but until we meet again.  It was perfect in that it was just Oprah at Harpo studios talking about all of the years on the show and thanking the viewers.  The smaller audience was made up of some of her ultimate fans.  It was just what I would expect from Oprah.  A quiet, more intimate show sharing the last moments of the show with us, her viewers.

I want to thank Oprah so very much for all of the years of her show and O Magazine.  I subscribe to the magazine and they recently printed my letter about creativity and my blog.  What a thrill just to have that letter in the magazine.  I showed the article and my letter to all of my friends.  It is amazing the effect of just having a letter in the magazine was to all of them.  It was almost as if I had written a featured article that was published in the magazine!  Everyone wanted to share in the excitement of my mini Oprah connection! That's the kind of effect she has on others.  It is a rare thing indeed.  

I will miss her show.  It was one of the few television programs I watched regularly.  Remember kids, I'm all about movies!   One day I may even  get cable so I can watch the OWN Network.  I like uplifting shows and Oprah had many.   Oprah has had a profound effect on people all over the world.  Her leaving is like seeing a good friend move far away and you only get to see them once in awhile.

I really want to thank Oprah for talking about meditation. Because when Oprah starting talking about it, people no longer looked at me oddly when I said I meditated.  I think now some of them have a better understanding.  They may not agree with it, but they may see it in a better light.   As a meditation teacher, I never push my opinions on others, but try gently to let them help find their own way.  That is what Oprah did on her show with a few exceptions.  Those exceptions are; getting the word about child molesters, not driving while texting and not talking on cell phones while driving.  People pay attention to what Oprah has to say.  

Oprah said today that everyone is meant to do something; we all have a calling and we all want to be validated.  I know for sure my "voice"  will continue to be heard through this blog and I will continue to share a variety of things with all of you.  I have been validated, by you the readers.  My calling is to teach what I know, share it with others and to help others in the ways that I know how.  The gift I can give back to Oprah, is the gift of my eternal gratefulness for the years of uplifting and interesting shows and insights. The Oprah Show will be missed and it will be almost impossible to replace it. 

Namaste