Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

12.20.2010

Sunlight and Miracle

I took this picture of Miracle watching the birds outside, just as she turned to see what I was doing.   I realized that it would be an interesting shot, when I saw her sitting there.   I like the silhouette created by the sun shinning in.  I like the way the sun lit the leaves from within.  It gives the picture a special quality.  You can just make out  Miracle's muted face.  It feels as if the day was warm and inviting.  Actually it was in the 30's that day. 

I saw the image and I tried to capture it's essence.  This picture is very striking because of the lit up leaves.  Yet it  also makes the viewer want to learn more about the environment or story behind it.   Miracle likes to sit on the chair and look outside and watch the birds.  She's getting used to having her picture taken and is no longer afraid of the camera.