Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

12.13.2010

Season's Greetings!




Season's Greetings!  I'm posting a couple of fun pictures of the planter in front of my house.  The blue green plant on the left; in the top picture, is one of the evergreen boughs I ran home with in November.  If you may recall, I talked about in a previous post.  Not just a little clipping, is it?

I added a couple of different evergreen branches that I bought at the garden center a week ago.  Yes, I PAID for them.  They are very pretty cuttings and I couldn't pass them up.  I could visualize them in the planter, so they just had to go there!  They look just like little trees.  If one of them sprouts roots, I'll plant it in the yard.  In fifty years it'll be huge.  But that won't matter because I'm sure I'll be long gone by then!  I can imagine it; tall, full, stately and blocking out all of sun to our neighbor's house behind us.   By then, I won't be around to get yelled at when it starts to take over the yard! 

You can also see the Red Twig Dogwood branches from the backyard.  The berry branches are cut with permission from another neighbor.  The sign I've had for years.  It's really cute and I used to just stake it in the ground.  But this arrangement was just asking for a final touch.  I thought of the snowman and decided it would be the perfect touch of whimsy.   It completes the planter, doesn't it? 

Below, you can see how the planter looks from a bit of a distance.  So now you can better appreciate the display.  You can also see just how much of the juniper clippings I picked up off the ground !   Didn't I say I ran off with an arm load?