Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

12.12.2010

More Flying Fairies








I apologize for the difference in quality of these pictures.  They are from my first digital camera, which wasn't as sharp as my current camera.  I pulled them out of an old album from online storage.  They are just a few of the butterflies I've photographed over the last 10 years.  The Yellow Swallowtail is my favorite butterfly to shoot.  I usually have several visit in the summer.  This year there was only one.  I promise to post new pictures next summer.   Hopefully, there will be lots of butterflies next year.  As with every gardener, we always think forward to next year. 

As a meditator, I find that a corner of my garden is the best place to sit on a nice day to meditate.  For a focusing meditation, I find one flower or plant I gaze at until everything else is gone, except that one thing.  It is very soothing.  Be sure to practice on a still day, or your meditative state may be interrupted by blowing leaves or flowers bouncing around in the wind.  On those days I close my eyes and visualize what is around me, as in an Object of Beauty meditation.