Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

12.21.2010

Make Today A Thank You Day

I would like everyone to start being more aware of saying "thank you".  In this fast paced world it's one of the phrases that we don't  hear as often as we should.  It's a polite phrase, but it's also a friendly, 'I like you'.  This is the time of year when people are so busy and stressed, that they forget to thank people who help them with simple things.  So I would like to declare today as 'Thank You Day'. 

So the next person who holds a door for you or gives you a complement; just say "thank you" with a smile.  I really think we don't say it enough.  It's a little thing that people don't think much about.   But I thought about it a lot yesterday, because a lot of people thanked me for the meals we passed out last week at the parties.  It made me feel good; really good.   The more I heard it, the better I felt.  I was having a rather typical, rough day at work.   So as the 'thank yous' started to stack up; the better I felt and the happier I became.   By the time I was ready to go home for the day, I was in a great mood.  Even the weather didn't bug me.  I drove home in a more mellow mood.

So I thought I would pass the 'thank you'  feeling on to all of you.  Thank you for clicking on this blog.  Thank you for reading my posts and enjoying them and the pictures.  I am doing this for all of you and for myself; because the 'thank yous' make it worth continuing to do this blog!

Just watch the reactions you get when you say "thank you" with a smile to someone.  Make sure they do something nice though first, or they'll think you are a little crazy!  You will get a lot of genuine smiles in return too.  You know the kind of smiles that say more than words; where their eyes crinkle up at the corners and there is a little sparkle in their eyes.  That's the kind of reaction I am looking for!  It's the kind of reaction that is infectious.  It's the kind of reaction that they can keep with them for the rest of the day.   But remember, just say it like you MEAN it! 

What if we could start a 'thank you' chain that went around the world and back to us?  Wouldn't that be great?  Can you picture it?  A line of people saying "thank you" and smiling at each other.  How cool would that be?  The world would be a better, friendlier place wouldn't it?

Thank you!

Namaste