Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.28.2011

A Clone a Day

Some times I wish I could clone myself so that I could honor all of  my commitments.  Why is it that there's always some place to go and something to do?  Remember my post about nothing day?  I wish I had several clones to send out and about, so I could have more nothing days.  I'd let them take turns at various tasks so they wouldn't be bored.   After all, you should treat your clones well.  Especially if you're going to give them your drudge work. 

I would require that all of my clones had a gene placed for being helpful and enjoying doing mundane work.  Then I could go about my day as I pleased without feeling any guilt, because they would enjoy what they were doing.  It would be pre-programmed into their DNA.  Since I'm just fantasizing, there would be no issues with exploitation or anything like that.  Now in the real world, you know there would be tons of issues and clones would be exploited and worse.   In a perfect world that would never happen.

Wouldn't it be nice if you could have clones and you could just hang them in a closet like your clothes.  When you needed one, you could just take it out, shake it a bit to wake it up and assign it a chore.  Then send it's on the way to do your deeds, and it wouldn't complain about anything.  None of them would have defects and destroy your relationships or anything like that.  It wouldn't be like a science fiction movie gone horribly wrong.  No, don't go there.   In my fantasy clone world they would be more like Stepford wives, expect more controllable and you get to be in charge.

I'd send the most cheerful and industrious clone to work.  My most task oriented clone to clean the house from top to bottom.  My strongest clone to do the yard work, especially in Spring and Fall for cleanup.  Last but not least, I would send  the most industrious clone to deal with the most annoying and most obnoxious tasks.  You figure those out!   Ah, to dream...