Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.22.2011

Snack Attacks

I was recently talking with a friend about staying healthy.   She is more concerned with her health than loosing weight.   Me too right now.   I told her that one of the most important things to do was to not bring junk food into her home.   I repeat, DO NOT bring junk food into your home people!

If you do, you are setting yourself up for a binge or munchies attack.  I would know.  I just went and got a chocolate chip cookie out of the cookie jar, not 10 minutes ago!  Darn it!  I was doing great all day.  I managed to get through most of the day without going near it.  Then all of a sudden, BLAM!   I wanted a cookie.   So I took one.  At least I ate it slowly and savored it.   In hind sight, it wasn't more than a couple of bites.   Haven't I talked about giving yourself a little bit of the thing you really want?   So, actually that wasn't too bad.  Now I have to go and hide the cookie jar!

I'm not about to beat myself up, since I've been pretty good all day.   But you get the point.   If it wasn't for my husband, I would be able to open a cabinet without being assaulted with junk food stashed here and there.  He even has cookies and chips hidden under the kitchen sink with the SOS pads, dish washing liquid and garbage bags.  Like I wouldn't see them...  Ha!  
I was an expert at ferreting out elicit foods.   In the past if I was having a craving, I would pull everything out of the cabinets looking for the stuff he was hiding for himself.   Until I found something...   Them I would take some of what I found and gobble it up.  Even if I didn't really like it.   Is that disgusting or what?   I was good at hiding a special snack treat in my closet, dresser; anywhere my husband wouldn't find them.   So I  could keep them all to myself.  

My husband still hides some of his stuff so I won't eat his; or now yell at him for eating it!   If it wasn't for him, there would near be any junk food in this house. Not because I perfect, but because I'm not!   If he got a box of candy as a gift, he'd open it take a piece and put in the refrigerator, then forget it.   Forget it!   Like he never cared about it in the first place.   I once ran across a box of Fanny Mae candy that he got for his birthday a YEAR later.   How I even missed it in the first place is a mystery...   But a year later?   He hid it so well, he forgot about it.   So guess of course who found it and who ate it?   I was baaaad!