Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.24.2011

Where is Spring?

The never ending winter returned today to revisit us for a few more days.   I sure as heck hope that it is only a few days. It would be nice if Spring would last more than two minutes.   I'd start cleaning the garden, but I'm afraid I might get frostbite. 

I trimmed the roses the other day to help give them a nice start. There was nary a bud on most of the canes. This is the latest my roses have started to bud. It's sort of like one of those nightmares or the movie "Ground Hog Day", where you have to relive that day over and over until you get it right.   Whatever it is.   The ''Never Ending Winter From Hell".   It's cold and snowy, then suddenly it's a little warm and dun,dun da...!  Like a bad dream you can't shake off.  Just when you though it was safe to play outside again Winter RETURNS.

I'm just waiting for things to reverse and the warm days to come back and stick around.   Please!  All I want is to go outside and not freeze my you know what off. That's not too much to ask is it?   Geez, winter is bad enough, it snows so darn much here.  Mental note; in my next life, I am moving to Arizona.   I'm thinking close to a desert, so I won't have to worry about snow.   It doesn't snow in the Arizona desert does it?   Hey, I don't know, I'm just asking...

You'll probably read here in the future about how hot it is in July or August.   I'm just warning all of you.   I may do it.   So  then you can all say, well what DO you like, for Pete's sake?  I can't help it, I'm a mediocre weather lover.   The 60's and 70's are just fine with me.   I can handle the 80's okay, until it gets over 85.  Then I need to be in the air conditioning a lot more.  I usually blame my allergies.

Actually I'm fibbing.  I can handle the hot and cold fairly well.  I'm just really tired of dead looking trees, drab brownish grass and gray skies.   I am SO ready for Spring.   Is Mother Nature taking a leave of absence or what?