Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.01.2011

Just Another Day...

It's good to see the sun come up even when there is frost on the ground.  Now that March is here, there is more than just a promise of Spring in the air don't you think?  I'm so glad the sun has decided to stay to stay with us for a couple of days.  I could never work nights or become a vampire because I would miss seeing the sun too much.   Okay, where the heck did that come from?!

I'm glad the Oscars are over.  As much as I like movies, trying to get out to see all 10 of the nominated films and other nominees was a bit much.  Not to mention the price of going to the movie theater.  Wow it costs a lot for a night out.  Now you know why I rent movies.  Eventually we will get cable.  But because we are always busy doing something, I'm not home as much as you might think.  I practically live outside in the summer.  So unless I put a television outside on my deck or plant one in the garden, I won't be watching it very much.  

I can't wait to start taking longer and longer walks as the weather warms up.  I've gotten to know my town so much better by walking through it.  This is my fourth year of walking around town and I'm still not tired of doing it.  Oh, of course I'm still walking now, but when it's cold I don't like to go too far.  Remember frozen thighs?  No, I don't mean chicken thighs!   

When it gets warmer, I can get out and commune with nature, not snow mounds!   Our groundhog saw it's shadow, so if you believe old wives tales or old wives, Spring is still a long way away.   He should have come out last week.  Spring would be here now.   

I will be outside this weekend looking for signs of Spring.  I might need to use a magnifying glass to find it!  There were no signs of tulips or any other Spring bulbs out there yesterday or today.  Usually there is something starting to come up by March 1st.  I bet they were smothered by all of that snow for so long, they probably think it's still January!   I'll have to go to the garden show just to get a plant fix. 

I had to go to the library again today to post and check my e-mails and some other stuff.  Man this is really getting old.   Everyone is sort of quiet today, so far.  Just a few more days.  (I hope.)   I think I can stick this out.   What did we do before computers?  I can barely remember!