Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.29.2011

Not Another Password!

Why do we have to complicate things by requiring passwords for everything?  I would like it if someone could come up with a system for computers and other electronics that respond to the sound of your voice, touch of a finger or your breath.   I'm trying to cover all of the bases here.  That way if you loose your voice or something, there would be another way to sign in.  

My memory bank is starting to crack with the number of passwords I need to recall in a given day.   I tried to log in today into a program I use fairly often.   I kept typing in my password.  Oh it was good at one time, but not now.   I changed it for some reason or other the last time I couldn't remember it.    I got wise and saved it in a file, but you guessed it.  It was the previous password.   I need a special log book. 

Before we all became more paranoid about people getting our passwords, you could use the same password for everything.  Remember when it was just a tool to get in?  Just so the program would know it was you and not your coworker Sam.  Yeah, but then some jerk had to spoil that system by guessing it.
 
So we had to go to letters and numbers.  When that wasn't working anymore, we changed it to letters, numbers, capitol letters and symbols.  But you aren't allowed to use some symbols.   Then you had to make sure that you didn't use the same password for each program because someone might just figure it out and go into your stuff.  Then we had to change the password every 3 months.   I can' t think of that many password combinations that I can possibly recall to use.  One day I spent 15 minutes trying to figure one out.  It had to be hard to guess and be of a high security level to be accepted.  I kept getting turned down.  I started to get a complex.   So now I need a computer program to remember which computer program has what password for what.   I'm so confused!  Can't I just blow into something or touch a screen with my thumb?  I don't have the energy to type anymore and my brain aches!