Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

3.16.2011

Spring Has Finally Kicked In!

Spring officially arrived today and it couldn't possibly be more welcome!  Winter seemed like it lasted for three years.  We made it into the 60's.  It's a veritable heat wave!  Now that's my kind of weather, not too hot and not too cold.  I wore my ski jacket on my walk to the store today.  Never take a chance that the weather could turn in a heartbeat at this time of year I always say.  I ended up getting too warm on the walk back.  But who cares?  It's Spring!  I didn't mind a bit because the sun was shinning all day and the birds where singing.  I almost danced home.  I didn't dance though, because they were too many people out enjoying the weather.  I didn't want anyone to think I was a bit touched.  Only you know that's true!

I am giddy because of the nice weather.  We've had more gloomy days in the past month than I'd care to remember.  I think there were 4 or 5 days the sun stayed out for more than half the day.   One day the sun came out for about 2 minutes and I rushed outside to take a walk.  As soon as I got outside it was gone.  After I got home it came out again for maybe an hour.  That's a given.  It's like Murphy's Law; as soon as I went in, the sun came out...  Well, at least I got outside that day.  

We had colder weather later than usual for a long time this year.  When the winds kicked up, it would knock the breath out of me.   On those days I enjoyed walking with the wind to my back, pushing me along.   I certainly did get a good work out walking into the wind.   I kept my inhaler with me just in case.   My lungs got a great workout and they have to be stronger after this month's wind walking.   What a great name; hello I'm "Walks with the Wind".   I know, don't go there; that can be taken many ways...   I'm also happy to report I've had no symptoms of asthma in so long, I can't remember the last time I did have them. 

I even washed the kitchen and bathroom floors this afternoon, with a smile on my face and a song in my heart.  I'm not the most domestic person, so for me to be happy washing the floors is proof of how good a mood I'm in!  What would I be like living somewhere like Florida or California?  Probably pretty annoying in my giddiness huh?