Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

1.26.2011

Best Picture Review - Toy Story 3


In a world of toss out the stuff you are tired of mentality and the buy, buy, buy the new, the best and the biggest; kids are often sent wrong messages.  In “Toy Story 3”, the message is clear, sweet and perfect.  Love your toys, treat them with care, cherish them and when you grow too old for them, pass them on to another child who will love and cherish them too.    I hope that the children and adults who watch this film feel that message will come across loud and clear. 

On the whole, “Toy Story 3” is s a very good movie.  If you’ve seen the other two films, then you may not be surprised to see such a good storyline played out.   If you haven’t, well you may not like it as much as I did, but I bet you will still enjoy it.   Unless of course you really have no heart.   But if you read my blog, then I know you do, and you know why I love this movie.   

All of the characters are back and a few new ones too.  The Ken and Barbie scenes are hysterical if you are an adult.  I think they were written with us in mind.   But Buzz and Woody, as always were my favorite characters.  The story is fresh and interesting for both kids and adults.  It builds where the last movie left off.   The three films are a trilogy.   For me, the best one was last.   Don’t get me wrong, I really liked the first and the second too.  This film is my personal favorite of the three.  The Disney Pixar people know how to engage viewers.  Of course the music is again by Randy Neumann, so the by now very familiar “You’ve Got a Friend in Me”, made me smile and want to sing along.  I knew most of the words to the song!  Okay, I am a nerd!

Rating - 5 stars