Smokey Mountain Memories

Smokey Mountain Memories
A Little Slice of Heaven

1.29.2011

Back To Normal

I felt a touch of Spring in the air yesterday and today.  January is almost over.  Hallelujah!  Just knowing that brightens my day, especially when it's gloomy out every other day.  The birds were chirping.  I haven't heard birds chirping since November.  Yesterday a very red, young male Cardinal sitting in a bush watched me walk by.  He was a welcome sight.  As I stepped out the front door to go on my walk, I could smell a scent of growth.  Let me clarify for the people who will think, "What does growth smell like?"  It smells like green things growing in the dirt. 

Oh yeah I can smell again!  I am about 98% recovered from my sinus infection.  I didn't start feeling much better until Monday.  I usually feel better much sooner.   Many of my co-workers are sick with something or other and are not recovering quickly or well.   Funny, I never get an actual cold or the flu, (I get flu shots).  I catch something and it affects my immune system.  Then it goes right into sinus infection.  I suppose I am healthy enough to avoid the colds, and have them bypass me but they make a u-turn and I get infection triggers instead.   Hmmm.  I wonder where in the world I could live to avoid them.  The Gobi Desert?  I would probably end up with a new allergy!

Well, I am also back to doing most of my regular routine.  I didn't meet that challenge to walk 30 miles in 30 days that I told you about.  I did meet another one to cycle 30 miles in 30 days.  At least I accomplished something.  I met that and passed it on Wednesday.

No, I'm not cycling in the snow.   I used the EXERcycle I've had ever since man created the wheel.  I think I bought it at Sears about a hundred years ago.   At least it looks like it's abut that old.  But heck, it functions and isn't that most important anyway?  My husband has replaced the pedals on it 3 times in the last few years.  Apparently I wear the rubber ones out too fast.   But it's not because I'm riding like a fiend.  I'm not tall and I have to step up onto them to get on the bike.  Okay now; no fat jokes please!  At least it's being used.  I have close to 7,000 miles on it.   For years it was a clothes rack and never logged a mile.  You know, I should figure out how many miles I ride in a year.  It has to be at least a couple of thousand miles. 

Oh and the movie review loving people out there, I am still writing reviews of the Oscar nominees.  I have another one to share later, maybe tomorrow.  I have a  lot going on today.  I should have several done in the next weeks.